Membership dues are due by March 1. Only active (paid) resident members may vote or hold office.
CLICK HERE to join or renew your membership.
FDOT PLAN PROPOSES THE ADDITION OF
1. A NEW ROUNDABOUT ON A1A AT HUTCHINSON SHORES & RIGELS COVE WAY.
2. NEW STREETLIGHTS BETWEEN THE CURRENT AND THE NEW ROUNDABOUT
3. As of Feb. 10: FDOT SAYS IT EXPECTS TO PROVIDE A PROJECT STATUS UPDATE MID-MARCH.
The Hutchinson Island Preservation Initiative (HIPI) is a Florida nonprofit corporation. Its mission is to preserve and protect Hutchinson Island in Martin County.
The organization started in 2018 when a group of Hutchinson Island property owners came together with a shared interest in preserving and protecting the natural beauty of Hutchinson Island and ensuring Hutchinson Island property owners are informed about issues that may affect them, their property or the island.
WHO WE ARE
• The Hutchinson Island Preservation Initiative (HIPI) is a membership organization. Anyone who is committed to preserving and protecting Hutchinson Island in Martin County is encouraged to join.
• While we welcome all supporters, only Hutchinson Island residential property owners may hold office or vote.
WHAT WE DO
• Advocate for the preservation and protection of Hutchinson Island in Martin County.
• Work with other Florida nonprofit organizations and government agencies to protect and preserve Hutchinson Island in Martin County.
• Inform members about issues that may affect them, their property or the island.
• Serve as a resource for all South Hutchinson Island residents to find information about issues that may affect them, their property or the island.
• Poll residents about issues that may affect them, their property or the island, especially issues that will be brought before the Martin Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) or the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) for a vote.
WHAT WE DO NOT DO
• Speak for or represent any person or organization without their consent.
• Share members’ personal information.
• Endorse any candidate